Annual Latina Women Cannabis Scholarship
As part of ongoing efforts to bring more awareness and education to the cannabis industry, we have created a scholarship for Latina college students to benefit from their desire to enter into the workforce of one of the fastest growing industries in the world. This scholarship is for Latina women interested in pursuing a cannabis profession and who have a strong desire to enter the workforce of the cannabis industry upon graduation. Canna Care Docs is offering an annual scholarship offered every fall semester. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded through an application process and is intended to encourage more Latina women to choose a degree that will essentially help ensure a position in the cannabis profession. Upon graduation, Canna Care Docs will assign a mentor that will help obtain employment in the cannabis industry. The Canna Care Docs scholarship is open to Latina women for the fall of 2018 who will be taking post high school classes in chemistry, biology, horticulture, business, finance or any classes relevant to obtaining employment in the rapidly growing cannabis industry. Candidates are asked to write an essay describing themselves, their vision and their desire to work in the Cannabis industry. Eligibility Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled in courses that would be essential in obtaining a position in the cannabis profession (Ex: Chemistry, Business Management, Sales & Marketing) and will be attending classes in the fall of the application year
- Courses must be completed to in one calendar year to have a mentor assigned
- Recipient must be of Latino heritage with at least one parent of Latino ancestry
Applicants must submit the following by August 1st of the application year
- Submit your name, mailing address, phone, citizenship, name of school/major
- One to three (1-3) paragraph typed essay
- A current Resume
- A photo (used to announce the winner)
- A copy of an acceptance letter or information for classes targeted
- Canna Care Docs Scholarship is to be used exclusively for tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than August 1st, 2018 for the next application year.
Application materials and/or questions should be e-mailed in PDF format to Marta Downing: email@example.com with “Scholarship Application” in the subject line.